Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Mama in the Kitchen Soap Shop: 100% Olive Oil Castile Soaps

When I was younger, my parents didn't know that I suffered from hand eczema. It wasn't that bad after all: it was just very rough all over. But I was embarrassed to hold anyone's hand. My superstitious Chinese grandmother would tell me, "This is not good. Your hands are too rough. You better put a lot of lotion on your hands. Rough hands is a sign that you'll end up working hard all your life!" You bet I slathered on Neutrogena very thickly but to no avail. Different balms and moisturizers did nothing to improve the condition. 

After childbirth, my hand eczema worsened. In addition to rough hands, I would get painful fissures: deep paper-like cuts all over my hands that made it very painful to wash my hands or even use my hands. In search of a solution to hand eczema, I discovered 100% olive oil Castile Soaps and how much my hands love them. We now use only 100% olive oil Castile Soaps at home. My family loves them and my hands are now smooth and soft like I've never had them before. Does that mean I won't have to work so hard in my life anymore? Tsk. Tsk.

Last year, I decided to make my own soap with the simplest and purest ingredients.

This year, I decided to open up shop and share my creations with everyone. 

a licensed manufacturer and retailer of soaps!


HANDCRAFTED IN SMALL BATCHES

My soaps are handmade in small batches to ensure quality. They are cured for a couple of months to ensure gentleness.

NATURAL and CLEAN

Simplicity and purity are key: the less ingredients, the better.
No: Preservatives, Parabens, SLS, SLES, Unnatural Colours, Palm Oil.
Non-toxic and gentle on the environment.

MILD SCENTS

If any of my soaps are scented, the smell is mild and not overpowering. I choose to use quality essential oils over fragrance oils when economical. When I do use fragrance oils, they are without parabens. Unlike strong perfume, my soaps do not give me a headache when I smell them.

VEGAN and VEGETARIAN SOAPS

No animal fats used.
Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment