Monday, November 16, 2015

Always Second Guessing Myself

I second guess myself most of the time. Am I doing a good job as a mother? Am I doing a good job as his homeschool teacher? Was that the right thing to do the other day? Why did I just do that? Why? 



Second guessing myself can make me feel bad, but I prefer to do it than not. As a mother, second guessing allows me improve myself, my son, and my relationship with my son. 

As a homeschool Mama, I want to do a good job. But some days are challenging and intense. I want to know what my options are. I want to know what resources are available for my son out there. I want to ask questions like: am I offering him the best education I can at home? If not, where can I get it? And as I write this, I am sitting at the local public school library waiting for my son to take the MAPS test. I want to see if public school is a possibility. What can they offer him?

As I am ready to publish this, my son has finished taking the MAPS and OLSATs. I know I have been doing a good job with his academics at home.  And yet, there are so many resources our local public school can offer him too. Now to decide what to do.

Do you frequently second guess yourself too? I would love to hear about it!


I am participating in the Gifted Homeschoolers Forum October 2015 Blog Hop: The Highs and Lows of Gifted Parenting. Check out the other amazing GHF bloggers!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, all the time. Taking on the role of a homeschooling parent just adds to the worry and stress. We are going through the process of deciding whether my 13 year old should go to a regular high school next year, or continue homeschooling. No matter which way we go with this, it won't be perfect, and I will continue to wonder whether the other choice was the better one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you decide! It's such a hard choice.

      Delete
  2. I never second guess radical unschooling. It is freedom. Public school offers us nothing and is serverly outdated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy. I love how you've found what works for you and your family. I learn so much from you! I need to find my balance.

      Delete