Friday, May 28, 2010

Spanish Curriculum

 
Our 3 1/2 year old loves Senora Cano and her hand puppets.  He asks to watch the Spanish videos and do the Spanish exercises.  I didn't think he would like them as they are black and white exercises, but he even asked to do the Unit Exam!  And got 17 out of 20 correct.  That's GREAT, considering I don't do anything besides show the 20 minute lesson video and do an exercise a week.  We have been using the University of Northern Arizona's Elementary Spanish Curriculum for 6 months with great success. The video introduces new vocabulary in different ways and reviews what has been learned in the past also in different ways, including games and songs.  I hardly reinforce vocabulary outside doing the exercises and our son is learning.  I had my doubts, but when I found a mother who had such zeal for the program on The Well Trained Mind Forum, I took my chances.  I am glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment