Monday, August 11, 2008

I love Baking Soda!


Homemade Toothpaste?!? Yes! There is such a thing! And I LOVE IT!

I am a proud user of Colgate Total and believe that because of it, I have not had one cavity since using it. I doubted this homemade toothpaste would work, but since going 'green' I wanted to try it after reading about it on Holistic Moms Network. Well, I LOVE IT! And am trying to get my husband to try it. My one complaint about brushing my teeth with commercial toothpastes is getting all the plaque off (I hate feeling dirt on my teeth after brushing)... well, I declare my teeth feels really clean after brushing with this homemade toothpaste. TRY IT! You just might like it! I'm also working on a homemade mouth rinse. Will post later if successful!

Fill a small jar (like a baby food jar) 2/3 with baking soda. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon peppermint oil. Mix. Wet toothbrush and cover it with the mixture. Brush as usual.

Homemade Shampoo

I cannot use vinegar because of my shower flooring, but I use the baking soda mixture. I really really like it! My hair is fine and limp, and with this mixture, my hair is so much thicker! My hair stylist is absolutely appalled and indignant that commercial brands have done their proper research... but I do not want more chemicals in my house and on myself and family. I'm still experimenting with a solution of baking soda, castille soap, oil and water that I can put in a proper bottle in the shower. But till I find one I like, this is good enough.

Mix a little baking soda (about 1 tablespoon) with some water (about 1/2 cup) and massage it onto your scalp. Rinse. Use apple cider vinegar (with some essence of oil) as conditioner.

Homemade 'Jif'/Scrubbing Cleaner

Mix some baking soda with water to make a thick paste. Scrub away!

No comments:

Post a Comment