Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Eat Carolina Challenge Day 3


Thoughts:

We are really enjoying eating local foods today!

Breakfast

Our son wanted cookies for breakfast, so we made him a rabbit 'cookie' cut out of a slice of Nova's Bakery Sourdough Bread twice-toasted with Happy Cow Creamery Unsalted Butter and Little Mountain Apiary Honey. I had my toast with Market Place Peach Butter (something I bought a year ago from a roadside vendor in Irmo, SC). It was a delicious breakfast. I would definitely buy the sourdough bread again! (I wouldn't buy the Kalamata Olive loaf again.)

Lunch

Last night's leftovers. Yay, just heat and serve!

Dinner

Rosemary Roasted Ashley Farms Chicken, Roasted South Carolina Pattypan Squash and Carolina Plantation Rice. Usually, I would roast the chicken with both rosemary and garlic, but since I didn't find any garlic locally I used only Celtic Salt and our own rosemary from our bush on the chicken. The squash was just sliced with onion and mixed with some leftover rosemary and a little more salt. It was roasted in the oven with the chicken for an hour. Tonight's meal was excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment